[CT Birds] Slightly off-topic: mass gypsy moth caterpillars dead

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Mon Jun 20 11:27:59 EDT 2016

Does sound to me like the fungus that hit them the last time they
overtook the state. I know humans are so quick to consider things like
spraying for insect infestations, but it's always worth waiting for
nature to reset itself (nature abhors a lack of balance as much as it
abhors a vacuum). I can say that the cuckoos - both black and
yellow-billed - have been having a field day in our neck of the woods
this year!
:-)  Tammy Eustis, Chester