[CT Birds] Migrant shorebirds starting...please share your ebird checklists.

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sun Jul 3 20:47:39 EDT 2016

With the Ruff and the yellowlegs in Stratford fall migration is officially underway.  I also had Semi and Least Sandpipers, Ruddy Turnstones and Lesser Yellowlegs at hammo today.

This is an good opportunity to remind folks to pleas share any eBird checklists that include shorebirds, terns, herons or egrets with ctwaterbirds at gmail.com

(there is a button to "share checklist with others in my party" click that and paste in ctwaterbirds at gmail.com (you only have paste it in once, after that it will remember the address and you can choose it.)

Even old checklists can be sent if you have any from earlier in the year (or before that).

This helps us keep track of the staging and nesting areas for these birds and also helps us track volunteer hours for folks who are recording shorebird activity...AKA birding.  Please be sure to estimate your time spent in the field in your reports to help track level of effort.

Thank you!

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115

Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!