[CT Birds] Prairie Warbler Out of date, but just ID'ed - Cheshire: Power Line Cut & Brooksvale, Jun 21, 2016

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Tue Jun 28 16:14:54 EDT 2016

Sorry for the late posting, but I didn't recognize the song & just today tracked it down.  Not too uncommon, but a lifer for this intermediate.

Prairie Warbler:  Cheshire:  just to the N. of the power line cut on Brooksvale Ave.:  6/9 & 6/21

PRAW have been reported on the cut at Brooksvale or the canal trail on Ebird, 2012-2014, but not last year or this.  (Brooksvale Park had a couple recorded last May.)  There have been reports from the trail park above Mt. Sanford Road this year.

Beautiful song!