[CT Birds] Stratford Swallows

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Jul 7 11:19:37 EDT 2016

The "late" summer swallow flocks are building at Stratford Point, with five species here today (Bank, Northern Rough-winged, Tree, Barn and Purple Martin).  So far no Cliff Swallows, but I'm hoping.

Some other migrants are already coming through with a few Eastern Kingbirds and yesterday an Eastern Phoebe using the water garden for a bath.   Also a Warbling Vireo singing this morning.   None of those three nest on the property and can all be early migrants, but I guess they could be local wanderers.

Patrick Comins, Meriden

Sent from my iPhone