[CT Birds] OT: Western Scrub-Jay split

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 10:08:25 EDT 2016

As many of you probably know by now, this year's AOU Check-list Supplement
has been released. There are some pretty cool changes in there, including
the long-awaited split of Western Scrub-Jay into California and Woodhouse's
Scrub-Jay.

The ABA Blog summarizes the changes (especially those pertaining to North
America) here: http://blog.aba.org/2016/07/2016-aou-supplement.html

Scrub-Jays being my favorite birds, I took the time to write up a post
detailing this exciting development:
https://aphelocoma.com/2016/07/09/western-scrub-jay-is-no-more/

Sorry for the slightly off topic post, and congratulations to those that
gained an armchair tick out of this. I'm super excited to be one of them.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield