[CT Birds] East Hartford Black Crowned Night Heron

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:23:56 EDT 2016

A not so common bird anymore in East Hartford just flew over my yard last
evening:  Black-crowned Night Heron squawking all the way.  Heard it first
and thought it was a Raven, but when it came into view it was a BC Night
Heron.
Also this morning on the entrance ramp to Route 2 at Maple Street a black
vulture sitting on the light post with wings fully extended in the Sun.
What a sight! I will be surprised if there are no accidents reported.