[CT Birds] Goshawk sighting - Morris CT

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 20 18:36:52 EDT 2016

I took a quick trip through the Waterbury reservoir lands in Morris today. On Pitch dirt rd, as I was driving through, an adult Goshawk flew across rd in front of me and I had a good look at it. All gray back and tail with blk bars. When it came into view to my right, I saw its white eyebrow, and undertail and gray barred belly as well. Also size was large. This area is vast and very untouched, and i would say they could surely nest in here. Unfortunately it is all posted, and you can not travel in off the roads.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton