[CT Birds] COA/CBS Workshop is this Saturday!

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Wed Jul 20 08:31:31 EDT 2016

Hello, fellow CT birders!

The combined bird and botany workshop, jointly sponsored by COA and the CT
Botanical Society, will be held this Saturday, July 23rd, at the American
Legion State Forest in Barkhamsted, beginning at 8 am.  This should be a
fine event, with many interesting bird and plant species encountered.  The
workshop is free and open to COA members and non-members alike.  The full
announcement is below.  Directions to the meeting place are as follows:

To American Legion State Forest take Route 44 east from Winsted to Route 318
east to Pleasant Valley, or Route 44 west from New Hartford to Route 181
north to Pleasant Valley. The parking area is about 2.5 miles north of
Pleasant Valley and 2 mile south of Riverton. We will meet at the parking
area near Camp White, the youth group campsite on the west side of West
River Road, on the park road known as Legion Road.

Combined COA/CT Botanical Society Bird/Plant Workshop

Saturday, July 23rd, 2016 at 8:00 am

American Legion State Forest, Barkhamsted

Spend a morning with plant enthusiasts and learn about the plants upon which
birds depend while we birders educate them about the birds that visit the
plants that they know and love.  On this joint event of the CT Botanical
Society and the Connecticut Ornithological Association we'll visit a
beautiful forest in the northern part of the state. Meet at the trailhead
for the Henry Buck trail, 2.5 miles north of Pleasant Valley on West River
Road.   Leaders: John Anderson, CBS, C: 860-248-1053; Chris Loscalzo, et al,
COA. Contact person: Chris Loscalzo at: closcalz at optonline.net and 203

We hope to see you there!

Best regards and good birding,

Chris Loscalzo,