[CT Birds] Swan Geese

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 23 11:27:35 EDT 2016

I was at Livingston Ripley Waterfowl Conservancy Friday for their "duckling day."  They do have a flock of Swan Geese there. Nice looking geese....I doubt they came from LRWC since they are pretty well contained, but who knows. The ducklings were beyond cute. They have a breeding program that brought back some species from the brink. They are open to the public on weekends, and they do have some great educational programs. I attended their "ducks in love" program to see the courting displays of many waterfowl there. How often do you get to see Smew courting, or their little ones paddling around?