[CT Birds] request for speakers to comment at a Meriden Wetlands public hearing on Aug 3 at 6:30 in City Hall

Dave Rauch daverauch203 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:22:17 EDT 2016

This is a request for speakers to comment at a Meriden Wetlands public
hearing on Aug 3 at 6:30 in City Hall.   The hearing concerns a project at
105 Pomeroy Avenue that would extend into the wetlands.  This is a threat
to the wetlands which are very significant.  The wetlands is over 40 acres
and is part of a stream bed corridor along Willow Brook which provides
great habitat as well as water flow that needs protection.

The meeting is significant because of the threat to the adjacent wetlands
and also because it could encourage others to pursue overly aggressive
development in wetlands areas.

The basic problem is that the proposed development is too large for the
build-able lot and scaling it back would make it more consistent with the
regulations and the regulations’ intended protection of wetlands while
still accommodating development.

It would be very helpful to have speakers attend the hearing and speak to
the issues.   I will be happy to provide more details and I would
appreciate any suggestions as to others I could contact.

Thank you

Dave Rauch   203-631-2130   DaveRauch203 at gmail.com