[CT Birds] Stratford/Milford shorebirds

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 21:52:50 EDT 2016

Lots of shorebirds around the mouth of the Housatonic River this afternoon. At the animal control marsh in Stratford there was a White-rumped Sandpiper. Here I had my first juvenile migrant shorebird of the season, a fresh Lesser Yellowlegs.

Milford Point was also very birdy in the evening. Many flocks of Semipalmated Sandpipers were present here. A Roseate Tern was among the Commons.

Between those two locations I had about 4000 Semipalmated Sandpipers.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT

Sent from my iPhone