[CT Birds] A "charm" of hummingbirds (New Hartford)

Ben Silane bensilano at netscape.net
Sat Jul 30 08:45:06 EDT 2016

I can officially claim that I have a charm of hummingbirds at my balcony. This season is the largest count I have had feeding at my feeders at once. I'm confident that I have a solid 10. I believe some random hummers from the other side of the condo complex are passing through as well. I have spotted that a few of them are youngsters. I have also been seeing some mating rituals. Seems to be two dominate males fighting over the territory. Even seems to be two dominate females staking their claim also.

Ben Silano
New Hartford

Sent from my iPhone