[CT Birds] Local nesting observations, East Rock Park

Kimberly Jannarone kimberlyjannarone at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 30 09:47:54 EDT 2016

Hello Birders,

Before I leave Connecticut for the West Coast, I thought I'd post some nesting observations from my area of New Haven that might be of interest to locals.  (There are no rare birds in this report).  I've had a great year birding my "patch," East Rock Park. Many thanks to all the skilled and generous birders I encountered along the way.

Here's a list of birds that I've observed nesting this season within East Rock Park.  Obviously this represents, largely, chance--others will have seen many I missed.  Fledglings are marked with an (F); all other birds listed were observed from copulation on up to nestlings.

Canada Goose (F)

Mute Swan (F)

Wood Duck (F)

Turkey Vulture