[CT Birds] Hummingbird Feeder Problem

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sun Jul 31 20:01:26 EDT 2016

I would add that the advantages of the saucer-shaped hummingbird feeders that I use (I assume others are similar) are that they are easy to clean - no unreachable corners - and that they don't hold a lot of food in this hot weather.  Also, be sure to use cane sugar sold for human consumption rather than anything sold as hummingbird food.

I don't use bleach as Kathy suggests, but I have a spare so the dirty one goes through the dishwasher (top shelf only).  Tears when I have gotten too busy I have taken it down as suggested rather than neglect it.
Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT