[CT Birds] Questions about Osprey in Ct

mary mushinsky marymushinsky at att.net
Mon Aug 1 12:27:01 EDT 2016

Don, There is one pair on the West River in New Haven (very near the coast) that started nesting very late this year, so their chicks are younger than those in other nests in greater New Haven. Observing the nests on the Quinnipiac and West Rivers, the young seem to practice leaping and flapping above the nest platform, and hang around the immediate neighborhood for awhile after they find they can go aloft.Mary Mushinsky, Wallingford