[CT Birds] Eastern Point Road Pond

Dyl Pedro pedrodyl at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 22:25:13 EDT 2016

Hey birders,
I stopped by the pond at the end of Eastern Point Rd this evening to unwind and bird a bit. I didn't see anything too fancy, but the sheer number of shorebirds on this little pond is astounding! I estimated 80 Semipalmated Sandpipers (I could only find 2 Leasts among them; interesting how the numbers have shifted in the past couple weeks). There were also a few Lesser Yellowlegs and a couple Solitary Sandpipers as well. I'll have to stop by here more often, considering it's 2.5 minutes from work for me!
Here's the list:http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S30951288

Dylan Pedro
Burrillville, RI
pedrodyl at yahoo.com