[CT Birds] New London Ferry Trip Planned, Tuesday, 8/9

mresch8702 at aol.com mresch8702 at aol.com
Sun Aug 7 11:21:33 EDT 2016

Does everyone remember the great birds seen from the New London to Orient Point ferry last summer/fall?  Rarities seen from the ferry in 2015 included Cory's Shearwaters and Pomarine and Parasitic Jaegers.  And for those statelisters out there, some were in both CT and NY waters.

I'm planning to go out on the ferry for the first time this year on Tuesday, 8/9, departing New London at 11AM (on the John H which offers good viewing from the bow).  Then I'll stay on the boat which will depart Orient Point, NY at 1, returning to New London around 2 PM.

Here's a link to the Cross Sound Ferry website for more info - www.longislandferry.com

Anyone interested in joining me?  Feel free to reply directly.

Mike Resch
www.statebirding.blogspot.com
Pepperell, MA
mresch8702 at aol.com