[CT Birds] Stratford Point Forster's Tern

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Aug 8 09:03:46 EDT 2016

Bill Banks, Bruce Finnan and Greg Hanisek stopped by and had a Forster's Tern at Stratford Point this morning.  They also had at least one landbird migrant with a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher sitting on the wire.   I had a Common Yellowthroat, also likely a migrant.   A Cooper's Hawk was hunting the feed plot around 7 AM this morning.

In non-bird news, I had three Red-banded Hairstreaks along the driveway this morning.  They had been pretty scarce in recent years.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPoint/