[CT Birds] eBird report of ARCTIC TERN at Milford Point 8/12

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 12 12:32:40 EDT 2016

Greetings CT Birders.
8/12  I just received an eBird report of an unconfirmed sighting this morning of an ARCTIC TERN at Milford Point by observer "DL". Comments on report: Got within 20 ft of it on the beach. Short red legs, short blood-red bill with no black tip, and long tail streamers. Wasn't associated with COTEs and seemed sickly or malnourished; it struggled to fly more than a few feet and didn't have good balance while standing on flat ground.
I hope to be able to pop over there to have a look for it. Note that it is low tide now, and a bit warm out!.
Frank MantlikStratford