[CT Birds] Indigo Bunting

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 10 12:12:45 EDT 2016

>From Jim and Carol ZippHamden back yard and field

As in previous years one of our pairs of Indigo Buntings have begun a second nest after being successful on the first go round.  We used to think it was not a serious effort but we have seen them feeding young into September in the past and observed them copulating on August 1st again.  Don't know if they always pull off the second brood but nice to have them singing like it's spring again! The Fat Robin Wild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
Toll Free U.S.  1-866-Fat-Robin

Jim Zipp Bird Photography   www.JimZipp.com