[CT Birds] eBird report of ARCTIC TERN at Milford Point 8/12

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 12 16:33:07 EDT 2016

8/12 4:28 pm - Jim Dugan, Tina Green, and I just got back in at Milford Point just as a thunder/rain storm is hitting. We relocated the Tern in question. It was by itself, in weakened condition, and allowed close approach. Photos obtained. It seems to be a COMMON TERN with a blood red bill (too long for Arctic) Color pattern on body also favors COTE. It flew around briefly at west end of tern nesting bar (lone tern), and seemed to have too much dark in wing tips. Will post photos later.

Frank Mantlik

Sent from my iPhone