[CT Birds] October 1st: new HOT-SPOTS pelagic trip

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 01:58:00 EDT 2016

Do you want to learn more about how the ocean works, changing through the 4
seasons (while we search to find uncommon seabirds & whales)? You are
invited to join a new kind of trip:
OCEAN HOT-SPOTS PELAGIC TRIP:

Hunting for ocean hot-spots, seabirds, whales, etc.

Can we find "hot-spots" with high-activity of seabirds, whales and other
marine life, sample those waters and prey items, and prove what makes them
special? Is it all about food? What is being eaten, by the birds, by the
whales?

This 8-hour trip will try to find as many seabirds and whales as possible,
and if we find any hot-spots of activity we will pause and try to determine
what is special there.

We will have top experts on seabirds, whales and also marine science
on-board to explain and answer questions, to analyze what is happening at
each hot-spot we find, and to explain the marine ecosystem (and how it is
changing).

DATE:  October 1, 2016  saturday, from 8am to 4pm.
PORT:  Gloucester, MA.
COST:  $90 per person.
ROUTE:  the best ocean areas TBD that day, off the coast of New England.

To sign-up or get further details, go to this website:
Trips33.blogspot.com <http://trips33.blogspot.com/>
Or contact this email
robben99 at gmail.com
Tom Robben