[CT Birds] Migration on Radar

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Aug 19 10:56:49 EDT 2016

After being confused for a while by the use of UTC (what we used to call GMT) time, I managed to get a view of last night's migration on radar.  Note that this view will only work for a few days.

When the results finish loading click Play.  The fuzzy stuff is birds!  Note that the radar coverage is incomplete, but you can generally assume that in between the fuzzy areas it would show the same sort of thing if there was coverage.

To get that I started here:

The selections I made:

Product: Regional reflectivity
End date: Today
End time: 0800 UTC
Loop duration: 8 hours

Then I clicked on the map on the letters (OKX) overlaying Long Island.  When the results finish loading click Play.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT