[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch season starts tomorrow!

ryanmac335 at gmail.com ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:14:33 EDT 2016

Hey All!
Hard to believe but fall hawkwatch season is here already. We'll be starting off the Quaker Ridge season at Audubon Greenwich tomorrow so we hope to see some of your familiar faces over the weekend and over the next three months. Coverage for the next week will be sporadic since I'll be away Aug 24-29 but over the next couple weeks we should see the first trickle of migrating Ospreys, Broad-Winged Hawks and Bald Eagles. Late August is also the peak of Common Nighthawk migration with some evenings bringing counts of several hundred.

For those of you unfamiliar with Quaker Ridge, were located on the Audubon Greenwich property at Riversville Rd, Greenwich CT (Easily reachable from both the Merritt and 684). The watch is conducted from the lawn on the left of the entrance driveway and all are welcome. Our annual hawkwatch festival will be held Sept 17-18 this year, which will hopefully coincide with peak Broad-Winged Hawk migration.

See you on the lawn!
-Ryan MacLean

Sent from my iPhone