[CT Birds] Bluff Point 8/27

Benjamin Sonnenberg benjamin.r.sonnenberg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:42:42 EDT 2016

R we ezryr rufo TV exercise r

On Aug 27, 2016 11:13 AM, "Glenn Williams via CTBirds" <
ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:

> 8/27/16 - from Phil Rusch and Glenn Williams - Bluff Point State Park
morning flight

> 185 warblers of 8 species
> Highlights:
> Yellow-bellied Flycatcher
> Red-breasted Nuthatch - 18
> Purple Finch
> Bobolink - 2 (certainly more than the two heard)
> American Redstart - 130
> Purple Martin - 24
>
> Though the numbers weren't great and very few birds landed, most gave
excellent and prolonged flight views, which is not the norm.  Though the
flight was relatively light, it was steady for almost 2 1/2 hours.
Red-breasted Nuthatches are definitely on the move.  There was even one in
my yard when I got home.  Eight Baltimore Orioles doing morning flight was
nice as well.

> Also, the previously reported Stilt Sandpiper continues at nearby (to
Bluff Point) Shennecossett Beach Pond, but there was no sign of the
Pectoral Sandpipers.