[CT Birds] Roger Tory Peterson piece & Stratford Point 8/28

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Sun Aug 28 11:42:27 EDT 2016

Happy birthday, Roger! Check out this Almanac piece that aired today on
CBS Sunday Morning on our own Roger Tory Peterson:

Stratford Point today has had a Merlin, American Kestrel (chased off by
a Baltimore Oriole), the continuing tame Red-tailed Hawk, the expected
Common Yellowthroats and House Wrens etc., and a notable Carolina Wren
foraging in the white pines like it recently arrived. For a species that
was resident here from 09-13 I have not recorded one on the site since
May 2015. A new home owner or just passing through? We'll see.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
311 Curtis Street
Jamestown, NY 14701-9620