[CT Birds] Sherwood Highlights

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:15:24 EDT 2016

Westport-Sherwood Island SP- Buff-breasted Sandpiper seen briefly working the wrack line with Semipalmated Sandpipers on the main beach just east of the main pavilion before being flushed by a walker.All the shorebirds flew up high and out over the sound and headed west.Today there was no one raking the beach for a change and that's why I checked it and also to check LI Sound.
Also had an American Kestrel and 2 Red-Shouldered Hawks migrating. Still have at least one Red-breasted Nuthatch in the spruce grove. Of note, I had three Belted Kingfishers on the Mill Pond. I don't think I have seen more than two here at the same time.Otherwise fairly quiet.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone