[CT Birds] Bear proof pole

Susanne Shrader birdgirrl at comcast.net
Thu Sep 1 11:03:30 EDT 2016

After several years of thinking about it,  we finally got a bear proof pole from The Bird Store in Sturbridge Mass. It is fantastic. Now we can leave the feeders up overnight and I no longer worry about the bear attacks. I have not had to move up my hummingbird feeders, although I have used glue to make the openings smaller which seems to discourage woodpeckers. Hairy Woodpeckers can through anything but they seem to have stopped bothering. The yellow jackets don't seem to be a big problem around my feeders. I don't know if those so-called bee guards  would work, but mine were destroyed by the woodpeckers immediately anyway.

Susie
Susanne Shrader
birdgirrl at comcast.net