[CT Birds] Warbler ID question :Brewster's Warbler

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Aug 29 16:53:10 EDT 2016

Certainly looks like a classic Brewsters to me. A Little more  yellow to
the breast than I'd expect, but they are quite variable. Thing that  bothered
me the most is the yellowish bill, knowing that Blue-winged and the 2
hybrids generally have black. But I just discovered that fall/winter Blue-wings
do have a yellowish bill of about the same color, so that does it for me.
I know there are much more knowledgeable heads out there than I  though.
Interesting aside:
I just learned that Blue-winged and Golden-winged have been  identified as
genetically almost identical, which could mean that they will be  combined
into one species. Does that mean we will have a Blue-winged and a
Golden-winged race. And if so, what do we call the hybrids. Perhaps, just what  we
call them now?
Don Morgan, Coventry,  Ct.
mntncougar at aol.com