[CT Birds] Zzzz is right

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Tue Aug 30 09:17:57 EDT 2016

I think what happened for us on the water people was the high behind the
weak front is already sliding away over us. The winds at Stratford Point
are light, variable and mostly east, and that sort of flow taking over
near the dawn hours is a lock to keep most of the birds away from us. I
have only basic migrants here. I'll bet SE CT is even more seabreeze-y.
Meanwhile I know some other folks inland/west a bit have had some good
birds, and many were flying everywhere for the first half of last night.
I thought we'd hold out a while longer than that...

Thursday's front will be weak again but the high should be a classic out
of Canada, a bit stronger and by the Great Lakes, keeping us in a more
consistent and better northerly flow for Friday morning and maybe
Saturday. It will take a while to drag through but hopefully that's the

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
311 Curtis Street
Jamestown, NY 14701-9620