[CT Birds] Broad-winged Hawks moving

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 14:24:41 EDT 2016

Late this morning I visited Hard Hill Road in Bethlehem to check out a family group of American Kestrels that's been there recently. In the process (in addition to the kestrels) I had 10 Broad-winged Hawks circling and peeling off to the SW on set wings. It was beautiful soaring weather with some nice background cumulus cloud cover. Also enjoying the lift were the following locals: 10 Turkey Vultures, 2 Black Vultures, 3 immature Red-shouldered Hawks and one Red-tailed Hawk.
Greg HanisekWaterbury