[CT Birds] Requiem for my Hummer Feeder

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 31 16:44:54 EDT 2016

Over the summer I have posted about how my hummer feeders were taken over first by 3 species of woodpeckers, then a squirrel who figured out how to get the sugar water, and lately yellowjackets and ants. The hummers still did manage to get some nectar. At one point I had 3 feeders going, then down to one. Well, it's over. A very young bear came along and bit the feeder, destroying it completely. He did get some nectar, even with the yellowjackets swirling around his head. But, I will not be defeated. As long as the hummers are here, I will find a way. Maybe an electrified fence?