[CT Birds] Stratford Point storm watching

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sat Sep 3 10:29:03 EDT 2016

Monday afternoon through Wednesday (or maybe starting sooner) could be good for keeping an eye on the Sound.  The Point will be mostly open through the period, but we may need to close the gate if the weather starts to get hazardous and we aren't there.

I think Scott plans to be there on Monday and both of us on Tuesday, so the gate would be open then  (providing Roads to Lordship aren't flooded).   The parking areas and office are at an elevation where there isn't much risk of flooding.

We ask that you use caution on the trails, especially on the north side of the property.    The porch is generally. Good spot for sea watching.

Patrick Comins, Audubon.

Sent from my iPhone