[CT Birds] last straw

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 4 07:35:42 EDT 2016

Thanks to all of you who replied to my hummer feeder dilemma. I do have nectar plants but I think the drought this year has reduced the number of flowers. I still have one feeder hanging up where a bear can't reach.

Yesterday a different bear showed up and drank up the water in the bird baths. He then tried to get to the remaining feeder and in the process, destroyed the screen on my window. He did not get the feeder. This will be the fourth time I have had to get my screens replaced due to bear claws.