[CT Birds] Stratford Point Gull-billed Tern

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 4 10:38:31 EDT 2016

Stratford-Stratford Point from the wooden bench that faces southeast along the water while seawatching since 8am,I had a molting adult Gull-billed Tern which I spotted while scanning with my bins. Noticed the short-thick bill and salt and pepper looking head first as it landed briefly on the large rock due south of the point and main building.I jumped up to get it in the scope and it took off headed east. The bird was by itself and not with any terns or other birds.That was about 10:00am. I have not spotted it since.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone