[CT Birds] Westport Whip-poor-will

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:05:02 EDT 2016

Westport-Sherwood Island SP- After many years of hoping to hear (more likely) or see(least likely) a Whip-poor-will in Fairfield County, I hit the jackpot and found one sitting in a tree in my hometown and my local patch earlier this morning around 10am.This bird is very obliging and my first ever found sitting during the daytime. They are one awesome bird and the bird of the day! The last documented Whip at Sherwood was on April 20,1984 by Richard Soffer.

Tina Green
with AJ & Sue Hand
Sent from my iPhone