[CT Birds] Resurrection of the Bristol CBC?

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Thu Sep 8 14:55:48 EDT 2016

 Hi listfolk, and hopefully CBC affectionados,     Every time I look at a Connecticut CBC count circle map, and notice the open area in West-Central CT, I always wonder - What ever happened to the circle around Bristol?  Historically, Bristol, CT was one of the first 27 CBCs back when it all first started in 1900.  With  few exceptions, it occurred steadily up until 1927, then was held for the final time in 1931.  I would like to get it going again, and am looking for help from any area birders, or even  birders not from the area, who would like to participate.  According to Audubon I would need a commitment from at least 10 birders to get the process started.  I don't have a date yet but will try to avoid conflicts with other CBCs around the nearby area for people wanting to participate in more that one CBC. The area within the circle should include all of Bristol, Plainville, Wolcott and Plymouth and SW Farmington (hopefully including the meadows), NW Southington, NE Waterbury, SE Harwinton, Southern 2/3rds of Burlington and touching edges of New Britain, Berlin, Watertown and Thomaston.    If you would like to participate, please contact me off-list at jswattbirds-at-snet.net.  Once I get replies from 10 people willing to help, I can get the process rolling with Audubon.  Any other assistance or advice on how to conduct a CBC would also be helpful and greatly appreciated.
Jack Swatt
Wolcott, CT