[CT Birds] Little Green Herons and Fitchville Pond

Patrick and Christine Tamborra petcmt54 at msn.com
Thu Sep 8 23:04:51 EDT 2016

I was driving by Fitchville Pond in Bozrah at about 5 PM.  The pond was almost dry (work on dam ??).  There were lots of birds.  I had little time to bird (there is always time-sometimes not as much as I would like).  Through scope I saw 3 L Green Herons, Great Egret, GB herons, Killdeer, and small shorebirds flying about.  I did not have time to really check things, but there may have been other interesting birds.  I saw the pond west ot Route 2 near Odetah Camp, there is a larger pond on other side of route 2, probably mostly empty too.
Good birding, Pat Tamborra