[CT Birds] Colebrook Western Sandpiper plus

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 5 18:38:12 EDT 2016

Today, we took a ride to Colebrook Dam to see whats there. Till now its been dead from so little water and wet mud. Farmington river was a trickle. Today their was some wet mud and we did fairly well. We saw 15 plus Semipalmated Sandpiper, 1 nice Western Sandpiper, 2 Killdeer, 2 Semipalmated Plover, and also saw so many Raven all over this area and Canaan Mt as well. Pasarines were just about absent all over NW CT. Next cold front will change all that.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton