[CT Birds] HAS Sept. 13 Meeting - Julian Hough - Phantasms & Fallacies: The Pitfalls of Bird Identification

Sara Zagorski penguinsz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 6 09:29:47 EDT 2016

Hartford Audubon Tuesday,September 13, 2016 meeting. Social at 7:00 PM, Meeting at 7:30 PMLocation: St. James's Episcopal Church, 1018 Farmington Ave, West HartfordAll are welcome to attend.

 Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Phantasms & Fallacies: The Pitfalls in Bird Identification
 Speaker: Julian Hough
 How do some people find an inordinate amount of rarities? Why do large groups of people misidentify some individual birds? This entertaining talk answers these questions ‑ and more ‑ by looking at the connection between our brain and the process of bird identification, and how we all are susceptible to making mistakes. Julian Hough is an internationally recognized expert birder, writer and photographer, and his talk should be of interest to all.

Sara ZagorskiWethersfield