[CT Birds] Sherwood Highlights

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:11:31 EDT 2016

Westport-Sherwood Island SP- I spent almost 4 hours at the park including time seawatching from the beach,walking through the spruce grove area,and walking the model airplane field checking the marsh and watching for migrating birds headed west. My highlights included 13 Ospreys,Northern Harrier,Bonaparte's Gull,Lesser Black-backed Gull(appears to be Ms.Burying Hill which Jory Teltser reported a few days ago and back for the season),4 American Kestrels(3 at one time),16 Red-breasted Nuthatches feeding on the White Pine cones in the spruce grove area,2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers,6 American Redstarts,2 Northern Parulas.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone