[CT Birds] Saw 40 Broadwings

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 7 18:30:52 EDT 2016

Went to Johnycake in Burlington CT from 1:00 to 1:45 today. The sky was covered with clouds cept to the north it had an open blue sky line from the East to the West. The winds were from the NE so that was nice. When I got there at 1:00 - I scanned the open sky area and counted 5 Broadwings headed SW in a string. @ 1:10, saw 6 in a loose kettle. @ 1:16 had 8 loose in a line very high. @ 1:28 saw in a loose line - 5-2 and 8-and at 1:35 had 6 BWs in line and 1 Sharpshinned Hawk. Their were heavy Cumulus clouds way to the north 20-30 miles away. I had to leave at 1:45. All BWs were high and having no loss of altitude and taking advantage of the NE tail winds. Also saw 4 TVs migrating, as well as some resident TVs, Ravens Red tails and Red S Hawks. Also saw 2 Bobolinks going west. So had 40 Broadwings total in 45 mins.
Will be Manning Booth Hill in West Hartland this Saturday the 14th for the Hartford Audubon. Please come if you can.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton