[CT Birds] Banding today at Birdcraft

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:01:48 EDT 2016

We began our fall banding today at Connecticut Audubon Birdcraft Museum and
Sanctuary (314 Unquowa Road, Fairfield).  Things were fairly quiet but we
did band the following species: Wood Thrush, Swainson's Thrush, Northern
Flicker, House Wren, Northern Cardinal and a good number of baby Robins and
Catbirds.  There was a Northern Waterthrush on the edge of the (very low)
pond, and two juvenile Black-crowned Night Herons, along with a parent who
caught quite a large catfish while we watched.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut