[CT Birds] 9/12 - YB Chat victory at Lake Saltonstall, Branford

Gina Nichol gina at sunrisebirding.com
Mon Sep 12 09:50:27 EDT 2016

For a long time, I've been trying to see Yellow-breasted Chat on the Lake
Saltonstall power line trail.  I've heard it many times but the vegetation is so
thick that I've not been able to get a glimpse. Today it happened.

After sifting through the billions (overestimate) of Common Yellowthroats in the
endless thickets, one larger bird flew off and I tracked it down.
It sat up and looked at me for a few brief seconds allowing great views.
 Victory!

Checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S31543666

Gina Beebe Nichol
Branford, CT