[CT Birds] Chester, 9/16 - scarlet tanager

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Fri Sep 16 11:57:27 EDT 2016

Chester, 9/16 - Heard a SCARLET TANAGER "chick-burr"ing from the edge of
Cockaponset Forest this morning. We've had brief fall-outs of thrushes
(not sure if hermit or wood; they scold for a bit then move on), as well
as phoebe, pewee, and cedar waxwings. Female rose-breasted grosbeak
enjoyed our feeders in the morning, and the autumn "gang" - pileated,
flicker, yellow-bellied sapsucker, and bluebirds - are settling into the
woods surrounding our house.
~  Tammy Eustis, Chester