[CT Birds] Trout Brook Valley SEEDEATER

Preston Lust prestonlust at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 13:40:15 EDT 2016

9/18/16, 10:10 AM-12:10 PM -- Trout Brook Valley Conservation Area, Easton

In addition to the SAY'S PHOEBE spectacularly found by Jeremy Nance, an apparent CHESTNUT-THROATED SEEDEATER was seen in the northern part of the orchard. Photos were obtained by Aidan Kiley and Mark Danforth, which clinch the ID. I personally saw it along with Jory Teltser flying over the corn field, where we noted a white belly contrasting with a gray back, minuscule size, a forked tail, and a single flight call. It looked very disheveled, and is almost definitely an escapee.

Preston Lust, Westport