[CT Birds] Stratford Point birds 9/25

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Sun Sep 25 12:38:40 EDT 2016

It was indeed super birdy early this AM at Stratford Point, and it was a
seasonal shift similar to Glenn's. So far today I've had near 60 species
including that Lincoln's Sparrow, the rare for us Ovenbird, and a quick
look at what was likely the continuing Clay-colored Sparrow where it was
previous days. More migrants included 2 Ruby-throated Hummingbird, 2
Eastern Wood-Pewee, 26+ Eastern Phoebe, 1 Red-eyed Vireo, a small group
of Tree Swallow, 4 House Wren, 16 Golden-crowned Kinglet, 7 Ruby-crowned
Kinglet, 5 Gray Catbird, 1 American Pipit, 1 Black-and-white Warbler,
29+ Common Yellowthroat, 1 Magnolia Warbler, 1 Yellow Warbler, 2
Blackpoll Warbler, 13+ Palm Warbler, 4 Yellow-rumped Warbler (my FOS), 2
White-throated Sparrow (my FOS), 1 Swamp Sparrow, 1 Eastern Towhee, 2
Bobolink.

Also several Northern Harrier, a couple American Kestrel, Cooper's Hawk,
Red-tailed Hawk. I noted some of our common residents (uncommon or
absent here) moving through as well including Black-capped Chickadee,
Blue Jay, Northern Flicker, and White-breasted Nuthatch. Though I did
not see any Red today I am glad to hear they're still moving elsewhere.
Redstarts apparently kept to McKinney today. I'll keep looking with all
the places we have for birds to hide...and things change rapidly here,
so you never know. Stop by.

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch