[CT Birds] Any Say's Phoebe updates?

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 19 04:35:15 EDT 2016

Time to hike from Norton Rd trailhead to the bird?  About 30 minutes at a moderately fast, steady pace. Trails are well-marked, but have lots of rocks among the dirt. All through forest.
As some have stated, there is a lot of field and hedgerow habitat at the orchard area, so plan to spend time birding other areas too. There were lots of birds around. Some eBird reports recently listed 61 species! Keep the Patagonia Picnic Table effect going!

I was reminded of the last big rarity at this site: Scissor-tailed Flycatcher (6? Years ago?) and Mississippi Kite has been seen here, if I remember correctly. It's a big open hilltop field among forest, and adjacent to a series of Aquarian reservoirs (Saugatuck, Aspetuck, Hemlock).

Good birding,

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone