[CT Birds] Do gulls feed on insects on wing?

Stuart Winquist stuartwinquist at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 19 19:53:33 EDT 2016

When I left work tonight in East Hartford, I noticed 50-100 gulls flying in all directions across an area 1/2 to 1 square miles in size,  all around the same altitude.  They were all beating in fairly straight lines and then would lurch in a slightly different direction.  As I was driving I would try to watch a single gull as long as possible and it sure looked like some of them were grabbing insects.  I've never noticed this before.  Wish I had my binocs for a better look.

Sent from my iPhone