[CT Birds] Winter Can't Be Too Far Behind

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Sep 21 10:46:24 EDT 2016

Had a White-throated Sparrow this morning at Stratford Point...they've made it to the coast.  Aside from that and the darn skittish Mourning Warbler it was mostly common stuff with a lot of Common Yellowthroats, Palm Warblers and Gray Catbirds, with a few Eastern Phoebes, House Wrens, Chipping Sparrows, American Redstarts and Eastern Wood-Pewees.  Also an American Kestrel hunting the grounds.   Someone opened the Savannah Sparrow flood gates the other day and there are a few Swamp Sparrows about as well.  A Carolina Wren was my consolation prize for missing a shot of the Mourning Warbler.   Surprisingly I hadn't had a photo of one from the Point yet, as we lost the local pair a few years ago (before my time) and they aren't particularly migratory.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPoint/